Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My mother passed away on 12 16 2017. My middle sister was convicted of stealing my mothers money. She was ordered my the court to pay me and my little sister restitution of $112,385.87. I am the execrate of her estate. She has 9 years to repay us or go to jail I am the person who is handling this . How do I open an estate account with the bank are there any special forms I need . Thank you for your help.

Asked on 9/16/19, 6:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

You will need to have the estate probated and have the court appoint you as the executor/personal representative of the estate. Once you get the Letters of Administration, then you can get the bank to open an account. You will need to make an accounting for the court.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/19, 11:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida