Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My mother recently passed away 06/01/2013. My father passed away 02/03/2000. They had a trust drawn up in which I do not have a copy.

An attorney has filed a Last Will and testament on my mother in the Palm Beach County clerk and court. How do I get a copy of my mother's last will and testament

How are the assets of my mother's and father's estate distributed.

Asked on 6/27/13, 6:01 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You may see it at the Court House.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 6:03 pm

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The will controls the distribution of the assets through your mother's Estate. Your father's assets either passed by operation of law or were never probated as of his death in 2000. You can get a copy of the Will if you are a beneficiary. Contact the attorney who filed the Estate and ask for a copy.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/13, 5:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida