Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My parents are signing land over to me and my husband that is behind the their next door neighbors property and has city property behind it. can we put a home on the land even if there is no access to the road accept from my parent's house?

Asked on 4/15/12, 10:41 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Possibly, but you will have to check with the local authorities of what would be required. You may be able to do it without any attorney, but it may be better in the long run to use one. At least for parts of it.

It may need easement rights, city approval, re-plating or zoning. Don't know, but these are just some of the issues that may come up.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/12, 11:38 am

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

You will need to get an easment for access from your parent's home and also you will need an easement for the utility companies to supply electricity, water and etc.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/12, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida