Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

Probate Question

Can I have my name removed from Order Determining Homestead Status of Real Property - house of deceased mother went through probate. Her house left to 4 siblings..I want my name deleted. Do not want any share of the property.

Asked on 8/13/07, 9:40 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott R. Jay Law Offices of Scott R. Jay

Re: Probate Question

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

I would imagine that you could request an Amended Determination of Homestead Status eliminating your interest although I cannot ever remember seeing this happen. If this is what you want to do, apply to the court by filing an Amended Motion setting forth the reasons why you wish the change.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/07, 10:14 am

Frank J. Pyle Probate Attorney Throughout Florida

Re: Probate Question

The Order could only be amended if incorrect. Otherwise, you would need to deed your interest to the others, or to anyone for that matter, to take your name off the title.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/07, 10:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida