Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

how do I sell my deceased mother home?

Asked on 1/23/18, 1:10 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Pippen Law Office of Joseph Pippen & Associates

Most likely-you will need to meet with a probate attorney to file a petition to determine homestead in the probate court.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/18, 4:02 pm

Chances are the property along with other assets will have to go through probate if she was not married at the time of her death. You should consult with probate attorney to determine whether probate is needed.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/18, 4:45 pm
Levi Wilkes Levi Lawrence Wilkes, Attorney-at-Law, PLLC

It depends on how the home was titled and how it may have transferred after death. There may not be the need for a full blown probate but you'd be best off to consult with a local probate attorney. Hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 1/24/18, 6:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida