Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I've been separated/estranged from my wife for 12 years and she recently passed away from cancer. We have 3 adult children and I have no idea if she has a will, what needs to be done to her estate?

Asked on 9/18/13, 4:17 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

If she owned assets with no right of survivorship, her estate must go to probate. If no will can be located, you can petition the court for appointment as Personal Representative of her estate as her spouse.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 6:45 pm

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You need to marshal or collect all of the assets that were in her name to assess whether a probate is needed.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/13, 1:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida