Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

What steps must I take to ensure that my dad cannot leave me anything, such as property with liability risks, when he passes?

Asked on 9/19/13, 2:27 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You are not obligated to take what he may leave you.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/13, 5:14 am

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You don't have to accept any bequests or property. You are not obligated to pay for any debt that you have not signed for or otherwise agreed to pay. If you don't want property with a debt on it you simply state that in writing. It would pass to the other others.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/13, 6:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida