Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

Once the will has been filed in clerk of courts what is the next step to obtaining a letter of administration appointing me the personal representative?

Asked on 8/22/13, 7:27 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

A Petition for Administration needs to be filed.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/13, 8:45 am
Dean Bress Bress Law Firm

Obtain a Florida attorney who will complete the documentation and notify creditors, etc. Also, while it is possible that you will be appointed the PR, someone may object if that person has an interest in the estate and a good reason why you should not be the PR. You're probably going to be fine, just get an attorney to help you through the process. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/22/13, 8:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida