Legal Question in Tax Law in France

I am an American have been in Paris since January and have papers to recieve a VAT refund for a purchase. However, I will be in the EU for longer than the maximum of six months. If I spend a weekend in Switzerland, which is outside the EU, and then return to France, does that reset the six month timetable and allow me to get the reimbursement when I return to the US in August?

Asked on 5/05/11, 3:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Okoshken Law Offices of Samuel H. Okoshken

The weekend break won't help you, as the purchases were made during the more than 6 months period. I suggest you get to the airport early and submite your purchase receipts at the TVA desk. It should go through, as you are in fact a tourist and not a resident of France.

Read more
Answered on 5/05/11, 3:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in France