Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

If I was arrested for a felong($500) and the case is dismissed, can I sue my former employer for false arrest, lost wages, distress, defamation, etc?

Sorry on the first question...I meant to say former employer, not lawyer.

Asked on 8/28/09, 9:00 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

See a lawyer. Claims, if any, depend on many more facts. For example, just because a case was dismissed does not mean it did not have some merit.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/09, 3:24 pm
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Consult with a local attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/09, 5:03 pm

It Depends. Scott Riddle and Charles Field are right (an both are very good lawyers). Find a good lawyer (who has done these types of criminal AND civil cases) and bring all of the paperwork from the court and DA with you for the attorney to review (do an open records act request for DA files).

my 2-cents

Read more
Answered on 9/08/09, 11:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia