Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

This concerns violating A 12 mth TPO order by my husband. I took out a warrant, he was arrested, denied bail, but there will be a bond hearing AUG 31st to set bond. I want to know what I, as the petitioner, can do, say, or prove that I am afraid for him to get out. I, also, am pressing charges for rape, which is under investigation now.

Thank you,


Asked on 8/26/09, 3:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


In order to get a bond, your spouse will have to show the Court that he is not a danger to the community (and you, specifically, in that he will not batter, assault or intimidate you). You may also bring up to the Court that he raped you and that charge is under investigation. Work with the Victim's Advocate in you local DA's office.

P.S. If there are children also involved, seek assistance from the SAAG assigned to your County DFACS and/or local CASA.

Best of luck

Read more
Answered on 9/07/09, 12:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia