Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Georgia

Filling a Lien

I need to know how to file a lien on a mobile home for non payment of lot rent. If the house is sold what are my rights.

Asked on 10/08/04, 2:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Chris Hamilton Carothers & Mitchell, LLC

Re: Filling a Lien

Hello and thank you for your inquiry. I will need more information before I can respond to your question. Does the debtor own the mobile home? Is the mobile home financed? Is there a written contract regarding the use of the lot?

Generally a landlord files a claim in magistrate (small claims) court to evict a tenant in arrears and get past due rent and court costs.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/04, 5:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Georgia