Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

i just found out the hard way that child support services has suspended my license for non payment. My company has been giving them 50%of my net pay and my license is my lively hood. I know what they have been getting is not the amount they set for me to pay but i cant afford what they set. because they did this i am now jobless. what do i do?

Asked on 1/25/10, 7:26 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

You need to get an attorney and file for an emergency hardship in both the courts and with the State to at least get your lisc. reinstated so that you can either look for a job or drive back and forth to one. It may be a little costly, but well worth it to fix your problems.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/10, 8:16 pm

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Consult with a local attorney. There may be several options.

Read more
Answered on 1/31/10, 8:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia