Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

my mom died. my dad and my brother and I have our names in the deed of the house. one sister said that my dad has signed the ownership of the house to her. she says she is now the owner of the house. I thought, since my brother and I have our names in the deed, she needs our signatures too.

Asked on 3/01/13, 9:15 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

If what you say is true, then you still own your part of the house. Sit down with a lawyer and the paperwork to discuss it.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/13, 9:35 am

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

You need to have a lawyer review title to your property so that he can advise you on who owns the property and your legal rights/options. If you would like to contact me I can likely do this for a modest fee. Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/01/13, 9:37 am
Harold Holcombe Harold D. Holcombe, P.C.

You need to do a title search to determine what has gone on with the title to the house.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/13, 9:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia