Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

I reside in Dekalb County Georgia and would like to obtain my personal cell text message records from my wireless carrier (verizon). However, I was informed by Veirzon that I would need a court order in order to obtain my personal text message records. Is this a costly to obtain? And is this something that I can do on my own?

Asked on 5/17/10, 6:22 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Unless you can talk them into it, you'd have to sue them to get them, and show a good legal reason for the suit, and convince a judge. Yes that could be very costly, and, by the time you completed the suit, the records might not exist.

A more effective aproach would be to talk to management there and let them know you were firing them as your company and changing carriers unless they helped you. They can, if they wish, give you YOUR records. They won't, absent a court order, give you anyone else's even if they share your account.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/10, 6:42 am

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

If there is a pending case of any kind, you can get a subpoena from the clerk's office. The cost may be as much as five bucks.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/10, 7:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia