Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

I had a slip and fall 2 1/2 months ago in a restaurant. I have been seeing my doctor regularly for the shoulder injury. the MRI results show a torn labrum. I will need surgery. how soon is it to contact a lawyer?

Asked on 4/12/12, 10:55 am

7 Answers from Attorneys

David Glass Law Offices of David H. Glass, LLC

Slip and falls in Georgia are not black and white cases. I defended the insurance companies regarding slip and falls and the case law is on the side of the property owner. I would not discuss your case with any insurance company and contact an attorney immediately to get an opinion on the facts of your case. Feel free to contact my office for a free consultation. My office number is 404.529.9081.


David H. Glass, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 11:02 am

Brandon Hornsby Hornsby Law Group

You should call immediately. You will want your lawyer to evaluate your case for free, take steps to preserve evidence, and interview witnesses. Visit our website at call us with any questions at (404) 577-1505. Anyone on this list can help.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 11:06 am
David Burns David H. Burns, P. A.

Slip & fall cases are difficult cases. The sooner you contact a lawyer the better. Be aware that there is a two-year time limit for filing a lawsuit in Georgia on a slip & fall case.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 11:18 am
Ronald Arthur Lowry Ronald Arthur Lowry

Contact an expert personal injury attorney experienced with premises liability cases NOW! Do not wait any longer. Conversations directly between you and the insurer should cease at once to avoid damaging your case which, unfortunately, may already have happened. If you do not know whom to contact call me and I will refer you to the best attorney for that type of case in your area at no cost to you.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 11:24 am
Clark McGehee Johnson & Ward

The responses you have received are correct--you need to retain an attorney as soon as possible to protect your right to pursue a claim. Liability is always an issue in a slip and fall case. You need to obtain an attorney to be sure that all of the relevent evidence is preserved. Be sure to request that ALL SURVEILLANCE VIDEO be preserved. Also request that the incident report, photographs and witness statements be preserved. Visit our website at or call us with any questions at 404-524-5626.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 11:31 am
Quinn Johnson, Esq. Johnson PC, Attorneys at Law

At this point, you should immediately contact an attorney to begin handling your claim to receive fair compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering - at no upfront cost to you. I will need additional information to fully assess your case. However, do not post the specifics on this public website.

Please call my office today for a free consultation and information. (404.496.4119)

Good luck.

S. Quinn Johnson, Esq.

Johnson PC

3348 Peachtree RD NE, STE 700

Atlanta GA 30326

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 11:33 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Slip and fall cases are difficult and far from cut and dried. You should have retained counsel two and a half months ago. Hopefully you have not impaired your case by speaking to the insurer.

Feel free to call my office for a free case evaluation. 404-768-3509.

Note that there is a 2 year limitation on being able to sue, so delay is harmful.

Read more
Answered on 4/12/12, 5:18 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia