Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My sons Father has nothing to do with him. he doesn't call or get him even after taking me to court for visitation. he drinks and parties constantly and has not paid child support since feb 1 2010. He has been arrested for drinking and has went to jail mutiple times he is also on probation so proving how much trouble he has been in with the law is no problem.I do not like him going to his fathers house because he leaves him with someone else and goes out to party but if i say no he throws up the court papers in my face. i want his rights taken from him . I don't know if i can or how i can i do not have alot of money because i am raising my son on my own and attending school full time.what can i do?

Asked on 5/10/10, 8:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

You will probably need an attorney to do this, it's a little complicated but get an emergency hearing with the judge and present him/her with this evidence and try and get the original order changed. Sound to me like he is going to get himself in trouble with the law first and be in jail for a while if he doesn't change his ways....then you won't have to worry about him getting your child.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/10, 4:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia