Legal Question in Disability Law in Georgia

My mother has dementia and was sold a car by a sales person that had knowledge of her condition. What can be done?

Asked on 11/11/15, 8:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Has a doctor diagnosed her condition? Has a relative or other person sought or obtained a conservatorship over her financial affairs? Is your mother still driving, or handling her other daily affairs? How, exactly, did the sales person know of her condition, and how do you know this? These are all important questions. Assuming the dealer will not cancel the deal (and it does not hurt to provide medical proof and ask), it is time to get a lawyer involved to not only deal with this issue but to take the necessary steps to make sure your mother's affairs are properly handled from this point on. It is certainly stressful, as I saw with my own family, but you need to contact good elder law attorneys in your area immediately. Until then, the vehicle needs to be secured and insured.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/15, 7:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Georgia