Legal Question in Disability Law in Georgia

My mother has recently had a stroke and is currently in a acute rehab program at a local hospital. My family feels she will need more therapy after her discharge and have decided to place her in a subacute rehab program before bringing her home. I have given her hospital case worker a list of names of nursing homes/rehab places that offer subacute therapy for stroke patients. My question pertains to a facility that would not accept her because they said there were no avaliable beds at this time. I happen to know that this is not TRUE and would like to know what step I can take to file a complaint. I believe my mother may be being discriminated against because she was already disabled before the stroke. She has cerebral palsy.

Asked on 8/18/10, 5:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You can complain to the agency that oversees the facility. However, you fail to provide any facts to indicate that the facility is not free to choose with whom it does, or does not, do business.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/10, 5:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Georgia