Legal Question in Administrative Law in Georgia

I missed the court date on a Name change. Judged dismissed for my failure to appear. What papers need to be filed to be put back on the judges calender?

Asked on 10/03/13, 12:40 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

A motion for reconsideration if it meets the deadlines, or a new case. Don't expect the Judge to do you any favors after missing Court.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 12:58 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Unless you missed court due to serious illness, hospitalization or emergency, don't expect a favor. Start over and refile. If you had a serious emergency, within 30 days of the dismissal, file a motion for reconsideration.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/13, 3:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Georgia