Legal Question in Aviation Law in Georgia

fight power of attorney my aunt has power of attorney over my mother i am the only child and my mother wasn't of sound mind to sign power of attorney over to her i want to know what i can do to fight this

Asked on 2/27/10, 11:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Edmund Burke Edmund B Burke, Attorney at Law

1. You can convince your mother to revoke the Power of Attorney. It is simply the appointment of an agent and the principal can revoke it just as easily as she made it.

2. You can try to convince a court that your mother was legally incompetent at the time the power was signed, or has since become incompetent. The court would then appoint someone to attend to her affairs.

Just making a bad decision, or being hardheaded and foolish, doesn't mean she is incompetent, however. If she understood and understands the nature and consequences of her actions -- a low standard -- she is likely competent.

Read more
Answered on 3/05/10, 12:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Aviation Law questions and answers in Georgia