Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Georgia

I am I a Chapter 13 and my Lawyer went bankrupt and filed a Chapter 7. I have only be in the Chapter 13 for a year and a half. I paid him $4000... What can I do?

Asked on 12/27/12, 4:16 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

The first step is to get a new lawyer - one who is experienced in Chapter 13 cases because they will know the situation. There are a lot of people in your situation due to that firm's sudden closing and the Chapter 13 trustees and lawyers are working to get some assistance to people like you. That does not mean it'll work out, but the first step is to call a couple lawyers (not necessarily the ones sending solicitation letters to the firm's former clients).

Read more
Answered on 12/27/12, 4:33 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

I gather you mean the Sandberg firm. Your first step is to see an experienced lawyer to review your file. I'd be glad to meet with you (404-768-3509). In some cases you may be fine and in some cases you may need new counsel.

Read more
Answered on 12/27/12, 5:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Georgia