Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

I'm trying to close my corporation in the state of Georgia. I closed my business down. If I were to buy on of those on line kits, would that work or should I just use a proper attorney so nothing comes back to haunt me ????

Please advise

Asked on 5/14/13, 1:16 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

You are asking attorneys, so I'm sure you can guess your answer will be (and almost always for very good reason). I would tell you that if the corporation truly has no outstanding debts or obligations, you may be able to use the Secretary of State's website as a guide to doing it yourself. If the corporation does have any outstanding liability issues, you need to have a local business attorney do it.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 1:20 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

The risk you take in doing things online with forms is that if you screw up the cost to fix things, if you can, will be far higher than the cost to hire someone now. Pay a lawyer for an hour or two of time. It's worth it.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 3:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia