Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

corporate name change

I have just found out that the Georgia Secretary of State shows the name of my corporation incorrectly. (The word ''Leather'' is shown incorrectly as ''Leathers'') All other documentation for IRS, GA Dept of Revenue and everyone else shows the correct name. Can I file a Form CD100 w/ the Secretary of State myself or are there legal issues I am not aware of that would need a lawyers attention (I bought my partner out and all documentation uses the correct word ''Leather'' about 6 years ago)

Asked on 6/18/08, 12:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Re: corporate name change

If the incorrect spelling is simply a typo made by the Secretary of State, you can simply call them and have them change it without having to amend the Articles and paying the filing fee. If the name is incorrectly listed in the Articles or the registration form, you will have to amend the Articles.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. My contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/08, 12:21 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia