Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

I am have a problem with state farm insurance because their insured hit my commercial vehicle . So I filed a loss of use claim and they want to pay me half of what is due to me.

Asked on 9/06/13, 2:37 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

They have no legal duty to pay what you think they should pay (absent clear bad faith), or at least offer it in the beginning. You have to make the choice of negotiating with them or hiring a lawyer, in which case the lawyer will take a percentage.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 2:49 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

State Farm, along with Allstate, are the two worst companies in an industry that tries hard to take advantage of claimants. Having said that, and the fact that they will try very hard to underpay you, you are only entitled to your actual damages.

If you were hurt, stop talking to them and get a lawyer.

If you were not hurt, research the value on NADA, KBB, etc, and if State Farm is trying to rip you off, make a complaint to the State Insurance Commissioner. Should that not work, sue the other driver in Magistrate's (Small Claims) Court.

Again State Farm is the bottom of the barrel and far from a good company. You'll have to fight them hard to get the correct number.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 3:05 pm
Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

This does not surprise me with State Farm, as they lowball and deny claims as a matter of practice. You need to document everything and go and see a lawyer. That is the only way to get them to pay the fair amount of any claim.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at [email protected], or through our website:

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 10:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia