Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Georgia

My car was parked in my daughter s driveway when itbwas hit by one of her roommates. They called their insurance company to file the report. After speaking with the agent he informed me that I should have my insurance company pay for it. He stated they person at fault did not file a police report nor were there any witnesses. Why should I be penalized for the accident, do I have any other options in my favor?

Asked on 3/01/13, 3:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Her insurer is not required to agree with you and write a check. You can either accept their position, work out a deal for the roommate to pay, pay it yourself or through your insurer, or file a lawsuit or threaten to file one against the roommate to get her insurer to pay.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/13, 3:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Georgia