Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Georgia

I am trying to get a divorce and alimony from my husband who abandoned me in 2001 but I don't know where he is havnt seen him since 2001 when he left me he has several businesses and I am struggling living on disability can you tell me if I need a lawyer to divorce or a private investigator to locate him first don't know what to do.

Asked on 6/24/13, 12:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

You should hire an attorney who will try to find your husband to serve him. You may qualify for a pro bono attorney. I see you live in Dacula. Check with Gwinnett County Bar Association (

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 4:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Georgia