Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Georgia

A friend of mine had me store a car of his in March 2016,in my storage building which I rent,3 month later he died I have been paying $100 per month for extra enclosed space for his car,He has two son's one of which is homeless, and don't know about the second son...I have receipts for rent and $200 for things done to car per deceased friend What can I do to receive payment or car Thank

Asked on 6/06/17, 10:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

The receipts, etc aren't really what matters. I assume you didn't do something foolish and commit to pay $100 a month to store someone's car and even more to work on the car without SOME written agreement as to how he'd reimburse you. Your rights would be dictated by that. Him dying complicates things as you are essentially a creditor of his estate pursuant to that agreement. Since we're talking just a few hundred dollars, you don't want to overspend on lawyers but you can get sued later by the estate for not doing the right thing as to the car, so see a lawyer (it would be wise to hunt down that other child first).

Read more
Answered on 6/06/17, 10:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Georgia