Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Georgia

I have a judgment against a slick debtor in Georgia. He has no bank account in his name but is on the house deed with his wife as well as the mortgage. Since he does not have a bank account that I can garnish, I would like to know if I can garnish the mortgage payment as his name is associated with same. Even if I must do a continual garnishment and receive only 25%, it may make the debtor come forward and pay the entire debt so as to avoid the hassle.

Asked on 8/24/10, 1:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

You can't attach the payment, but you can record the judgment against the house.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/10, 2:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Georgia