Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Georgia

I have been serviced papers from superior court of my county I live in by a credit card company that I owe money too. I have to file papers with the court. I think the form is an affidavit but what do I state in listings or how do I word the statement ?

Asked on 7/10/17, 6:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

You need a lawyer ASAP. If you file a pro se answer odds are almost 100% certain you will lose and then soon be garnisheed. If you have defenses,and you may, they will NOT be found on forms and will be waived unless correctly asserted. And if you have no defenses, the attorney can assist with other options such as bankruptcy, negotiation, etc.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/17, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Georgia