Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

can a 14 year old boy press charges for a 17 year girl having a baby that is his but he doesn't want it can she go to jail for having a baby by a 14 year old

Asked on 2/14/19, 5:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

First, no individual person can file criminal charges against another person. One citizen can only call the police or file a complaint. The district attorney or prosecutor is the only entity that can file/press charge or drop charges.

Second, having the 17 year old arrested and sent to prison forever will not force any abortion. No entity in the Bible Belt south is going to force an abortion. Good luck


Read more
Answered on 2/15/19, 5:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia