Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

I have absconded from probation on charges of misdemeanor possession of marijuana for almost fours years now, when I go to turn myself in what should I expect? It was my first offense and I am in the state of Georgia where said charges had occurred. My original sentence for my charges was one year probation and drug/alcohol abuse class.

Asked on 7/01/13, 4:35 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

The absconding may net you a worse penalty than the underlying crime, and you do need to turn yourself in. The smart way would be to retain counsel first and the lawyer may be able to prearrange bond and hearings to lessen time in jail.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 4:46 pm

Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

You should expect to go to jail for the balance of your probation. See website for info on retaining the right attorney:


Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 8:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia