Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

Check Forgery

My boyfriend was arrested yesterday for apparently attempting to cash a check that (obviously) didn't belong to him. He also had an outstanding warrant that I absolutely knew nothing about for the same thing. My problem is that he has never been in any trouble (granted this is stupid and very wrong thing to do) never been arrested, his mother died two weeks ago of brain cancer and his bond was set at $10,000. There were others at his hearing charged with the same whose bond was set at 10% of that...$1000! He is not vilent or smartmouth, very quiet! I need some sound advice, but we have no money due to the funeral costs. thanks

Asked on 2/24/05, 7:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Re: Check Forgery

Find a way to hire a criminal lawyer or ask the court to appoint a public defender.

If you would like to discuss any issues further, please feel free to contact my office. My contact information is below. Thank you.

The foregoing is general information only, not specific legal advice. No attorney/client relation has been created or should be implied.

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq

MacGregor Lyon, LLC

Promenade II

1230 Peachtree Street NE

Suite 1900

Atlanta Georgia 30309

Phone 404.942.3545

Fax 404.795.0993

[email protected]

Confidentiality Notice

This message is being sent by or on behalf of a lawyer. It is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

Read more
Answered on 2/26/05, 12:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia