Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

if you have failed to appear on drug charges does the law procedure (imparticular evidence suppression hearings ) still apply?

Asked on 9/13/13, 9:36 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

You will more than likely have a bench warrant for your arrest for failure to appear.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 9:48 am

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

Failing to appear does not waive your right to file motions in your case, it just means you may end up in jail waiting for a trial if they find you. Seek the advice of an attorney about resolving both of these issues.

The answer to this questions is informational only, and it is not intended to be legal advise. Only an attorney who has met with you and gone over all of the specific facts of your case can give you legal advice upon which you should rely. Follow up questions are welcome via the email below, and our firm offers free consultations via phone or in person. We have convenient offices in Winder, Jefferson, and Gainesville Georgia, and you should feel free to contact our office at (770) 307-4899, via email at [email protected], or through our website:

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 2:09 pm
Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

After you are arrested in the warrant and jailed, your attorney will be able to request the court allow you to file a motion to suppress. It will not make your case move faster, but you still the right to ask about the violation of your constitutional rights. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 9:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia