Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

A friend drove my truck without my permission or my knowledge, he wrecks and totals my truck and it's contents. He is charged with DUI and DUID ,along with multiple traffic offences, his family bonds him out and

puts him in drug n facility, the charges get dropped, the guy promises to make restitution for my truck,but has dodged doing so, it's been two years and he,s only paid me forty dollars. The truck was worth twenty right hundred and the content was worth sixteen, I want restitution

Asked on 9/05/21, 6:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


File a civil lawsuit in MAGISTRATE Court ASAP - Note: In Georgia, property damages have a 4-year statute of limitation (is he 18 y/o or over?)

Good luck and have a safe Labor Day weekend


Read more
Answered on 9/05/21, 10:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia