Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

my husband has been incarcerated in cobb county marrietta georgia on a fugitive from justice warrant for 32 days ..he has no bond and no attorney assigned and was sentenced to 5 yrs probation prior to this ..served almost 1 yr probation which he then violated sept of this yr why has he not been assinged a lawyer or have a bond and what kind if sentence is he facing now

Asked on 10/16/13, 11:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

If he was arrested on a probation violation warrant, it will be up to his probation officer as to when he will get a hearing. They may also come to the jail and ask him to sign a waiver of hearing and accept the punishment they are recommending. That punishment could be anything from sending him to prison to releasing him back onto probation. He could also refuse what they are offering and wait for a hearing. Hiring an attorney would help to get the matter heard more quickly, and he may be able to persuade the judge to put him back on probation rather than accept the recommendation of the probation officer.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 12:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia