Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

A month ago I was out of town in GA and got a ticket for possession on weed. It wasn't mine, it was the person with me. They took him to jail for drunk, but released him the next dayd with no charges. He wasn't legally drunk. Many times I told them "just go ask him, he'll tell you it's his". They wouldn't. So I have over a $1000 possesion ticket from a little strong-arm town in GA. There's no way I can travel over 600 mi for my court date, however, I don't want a bench warrant issued for me in any state. Where do I start to assure me when the Judge calls my name on the docket and I'm not there that he doesn't issure a bench warrant? I can't make out a thing the officer wrote on the ticket. Do I call the prosector in that county?

Asked on 3/24/10, 5:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Douglas Rohan Castan & Lecca, PC

Hire a local attorney who will appear on your behalf. You will eventually have to appear in front of the judge, but an attorney can coordinate everything ahead of time so you don't have to waste your time going back and forth.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/10, 6:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia