Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

my sister has an aggravated assault charge for stabbing me she has many mental issues is there anything i can do to help her instead of her going to prison

Asked on 2/07/14, 7:08 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kevin Linder Gerard Linder, LLC

Yes. The best thing you can do is to get her a criminal defense attorney who understands mental illness and can successfully advocate on her behalf. Seondly, when you speak with the Assistant District Attorney and their representatives you can stress the fact that your sister has been dealing with long standing issues surrounding mental issues and that you do not feel incarceration is warranted or helpful in this case.

I would be more than happy to assist you and your sister with this matter if needed.

Kind Regards,

Kevin Linder


Read more
Answered on 2/07/14, 7:24 am
Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

See website for info on mental health issues:

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 2/07/14, 2:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia