Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

I live in Georgia. My son is 21 years old, still lives at home, pays no rent, no expenses. I want to put his car in his name and get insurance in his name. After doing this, would I still be responsible if he had an accident since he is my dependent ?

Asked on 10/22/13, 12:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

Once the title and insurance is in his name and out of yours, there is no direct link to you anymore. If he does something wrong, the police will come for him, not you. Sounds like there are much deeper seeded issues that you may have with him.

Read more
Answered on 11/13/13, 3:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia