Legal Question in DUI Law in Georgia

I was recently convicted of a DUI, and DUI child endangerment. My attorney, whome I paid a great deal of money to, made several mistakes that led to better than expected outcome. When I requested that he negotiate a plea deal, he told me they would laugh him out of the courtroom, and became angry saying he knew how to negotiate with those people (the DA's office). I do not believe he ever attempted to negotiate a plead deal, as he was adamant about going to court, and getting paid the extra $5000. I have expressed my displeasure to him and his secretary. He will not return any of my calls, and has sent me 2 letters stating that he will not represent me in the appeal. We have an opportunity to appeal the trial due to the judge not striking a member of the jury who was first cousin to the DA. What do I do?

Asked on 1/23/13, 7:27 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Hire a lawyer to handle the appeal.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/13, 7:29 pm
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Hire a lawyer to handle the appeal, and since you're unhappy with your trial lawyer, I'm not sure why you are spending time contacting him when you need to find someone else.

Read more
Answered on 1/23/13, 7:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Georgia