Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am 16 I turn 17 in 3 months. I would like to move out of my fathers home and into with someone who is not family. However, the last I'm wanting to move in with is the one who who care of me. she makes my doctor appointments and takes me to them. She bus me things I need. at one point my father signed power of attorney over to her and she was my guardian and I lived with her for 9 months. How would I be able yip move out?

Asked on 6/27/13, 8:49 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You don't. You do what your parents or guardians tell you to do (and you are not just "signed over" to someone else like property). When you are 18, you can make your own decisions and mistakes. Until then, discuss your issues with your parent(s).

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 8:52 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

Until you're 18, you cannot.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 11:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia