Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am a 26 year old married female and a mother of one child. I would like to know can my husband legal take my rings from me and not return them? In the process of him taking my rings and me trying to get them back he choked me, so I call the police. When he found out that I was calling the he took off. When the police arrive they told me that it was married property and that I could file a warrant out on him. Can I get him locked up for still my rings?

Asked on 5/10/10, 10:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Paula McGill Attorney at Law

You can get him locked up for choking you. Also, you may want to file for divorce and request the return of the rings or their value in the divorce petition.


10 Glenlake Parkway

Suite 130

Atlanta, GA 30328

Read more
Answered on 5/17/10, 1:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia