Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am 17 years old I currently live in Georgia but I would like to go live with my auntie in Florida to start over in my life for some bad decision I have made but my mom says no because she jealous of me and my aunties relationship. What legal actions can I take so that i won't need my mom's permission to live with my aunt?

Asked on 6/24/13, 3:15 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

You're still a child. You can't move until you're 18 unless your emancipated, and wanting to live with another person is NOT grounds for that. So, the answer is you do not go.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 5:34 pm
Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

At 18 you are legally an adult in Georgia. I suggest you try to work things out with your mother and make it is amicable as possible until you are of legal age to move.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia