Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Baker Act in Georgia

My brothers' wife is a threat to

herself, her husband and her 17 year

old daughter. She is at this point

only eating one meal, drinking vodka

at night, being abusive. They have

lost the house because she didn't

keep up with the bills and she has

been in a clinical state of depression

since both of her parents died within

a year of each other 3 years ago.

She also has graves disease. What

can he do legally to get her help?

They don't have alot of money.


Asked on 11/21/07, 8:38 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Re: Baker Act in Georgia

Your brother needs to see a lawyer very soon, not rely on second-hand information from a forum such as this.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/07, 10:38 am

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: Baker Act in Georgia

Your brother needs to consult with a local attorney about having a guardian of the person and property of his wife.

Read more
Answered on 11/21/07, 11:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia