Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I have had a case going on for 10 months now. The father is wanting legitimation, name change and visitations. The father sees her at least 3 hours a week, if he sees her. So far he has missed 3 weeks since mediation. He doesn’t do anything with her while he’s here. He hasn’t changed a diaper, bathed her, changed her clothes, or fed her. When I asks to hold her she pulls away from him immediately. She doesn’t usually go to him over half the time, if he holds her she usually starts screaming and he doesn’t try to calm her down, he immediately gives her back to me. He doesn’t even know how to calm her down.. he’s chosen going somewhere over seeing her. His family doesn’t ask about her or ask to see her.. she doesn’t know them and they don’t know her, including the father. He doesn’t put forth an effort to see her. I don’t want him to have anything. Could I win this in court?

Asked on 4/18/18, 9:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

This is going to go VERY badly for you without counsel. You needed a lawyer 10 months ago. Get one now. Odds are he gets some visitation but what he and you get as to decision making, custody and support, and the visitation rules, likely go far better with counsel.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/18, 9:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia