Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I had my name changed 23 years ago, I needed a copy of that order to get my license because my birth certificate has my birth name on it. According to both the county and the state, there is no record of the name change in their files. What does this mean for my wife and children?

Asked on 2/07/12, 1:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Name changes are done in court and courts don't destroy records. Assuming you really filed, and you did not keep a copy, you need to check with the court where you filed it. It sounds like someone may have misplaced a file, so this may take effort on your part.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/12, 4:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia