Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Child Rights

i have joint custody of my child and his mother has physical custody. My child is 11 and he decided he wants to live with me. At what age can a child decide which parent he/she wants to live with?

Asked on 6/30/08, 3:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: Child Rights

In Texas he has to be 12 to state his preference for which parent he would like to line. He can't decide where he wants to live until he is 18.

Read more
Answered on 6/30/08, 3:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia