Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I went to court for modifacation of child suport and visitation and won. Both parties were Pro Se.I'm haveing troulbe writing the order..Can I get a general form to go by? Also dose the order need to have the form aproved by the other party. In the past orders the attornys both signed the order.

Thank you.

Bill Lewis

Asked on 5/13/10, 5:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

Since such orders are specific to the facts of a case, there is no form that will do a good job.

You have two choices. You can try to wing it and possibly mess up badly. Or you can pay a lawyer to draft a proper order. That isn't going to be that expensive.

In most courts proposed orders should be submitted to the other party for review. They may or may not, depending on the court, need two signatures.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/10, 6:20 pm

Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

There is no form. However, I strongly advise you to have a local attorney look over whatever you prepare to make sure it accurately states what the judge ruled. He/she may have a tough time with this since he/she wasn't there to take notes about what the judge ruled.

Read more
Answered on 5/18/10, 6:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia