Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

Would a DUI from 4 years ago before child's birth effect custody?

My son father is trying to take my son. In his own words so he doesn't have to pay child support. He's committed adultery and abandoned me and my son on several occasions for other women. He's going to lie and say I'm an alcoholic. I have a reliable job and own place, and he still stays with his mom. He,s been kicked out on several occasions as well, therefore not having a stable environment for my son to stay

Asked on 9/16/13, 1:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

The one single thing that will most affect yopur case is whether you hire an attorney or don't. Expect your case to probably go badly without counsel. A judge certainly might consider the DUI, but will also consider other things, and likely is far more concerned with today than ancient history. Again, get a lawyer, because not having one will likely be a disaster.

Read more
Answered on 9/16/13, 3:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia