Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

I am a father who has custodial rights over my daughter 85/15.her mother never contacts her but maybe a few times a yr. Now ahe filed a paternity suit as well as saying I dont let her visit my child when she never tries or even support her. If the test comes back her not being my daughter can she take her. We had my daughter out of wedlock and shorly after got married. I got custody of my daughter in the divorce she signed over rights.

Asked on 5/16/13, 2:52 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Martin Hilliard Martin G. Hilliard, PC

You didn't indicate how old your daughter is, however if there is a court order giving you custody of this child, it's highly unlikely that the Judge would reverse his/her order. If you turn out not to be the bio father and he finds out that he has a child, he can always file a Petition with the courts and attempt to gain custody of her. I'd be curious to know the outcome of the DNA and how your ex reacts.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/13, 10:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia